Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mortgage Loan Modification - Red Flags To Watch Out For

If you have received a foreclosure notice or are having problems paying your mortgage contact your lender and / or attorney immediately. There are many con artists who prey on customers facing foreclosure. Avoid any person / company that does any of the following:

* guarantees to stop the foreclosure process – no matter what your circumstances
* instructs you not to contact your lender, lawyer, or credit or housing counselor
* collects a fee before providing you with any services
* accepts payment only by cashier’s check or wire transfer
* encourages you to lease your home so you can buy it back over time
* tells you to make your mortgage payments directly to it, rather than your lender
* tells you to transfer your property deed or title to it
* offers to buy your house for cash at a fixed price that is not set by the housing market at the time of sale
* offers to fill out paperwork for you
* pressures you to sign paperwork you haven’t had a chance to read thoroughly or that you don’t understand.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just want to share my story with you, ok so my ARM had adjusted last year and I could not possibly make my payments any more so I tried to get a modification with my lender and that was hopeless, they gave me the run around for a couple of weeks with no results. So then I get this email for loan modification and I am really exited, I decided to give them a call and they were going to charge me 7500 dollars to do this and the guy was a JERK on top of that, so I told the JERK I need to do some research first. I started Googleing around the web and came across A Blog (How to Avoid Loan Modification Scams)!!! Boy did I learn a lot, this lady name Callie Thompson had so much info on the subject of loan modification scams that I felt relieved that I did my research fist and not get scammed by that company with the JERK and high up front fee. So I decided to give her a call and she treated me with respect and told me the truth about whats going on with loan modification, so to make a long story short, I got my ARM modified and I hope this will help some body

    ReplyDelete